a tiny fish in a pond full of sharks !!!

The Humboldt County experience
nymedic881

a tiny fish in a pond full of sharks !!!

Post by nymedic881 »

I am a newbie to KGC race and Sculpture racing in general so I look online for help and find some information but only a small amount on actually building one,Thank you KineticBaltimore.com and Tom and Elliot,So this is what I think I'll do,being far from an expert at anything I will post my progress and injuries..lol as I work to make this nightmare come true,I will try to make my updates as clear and non techie as possable cause you never know who might want to join the fun and would need the information...as of now I am collecting the stuff,bikes,pipes and other stuff needed and looking into a welding school close by that isn't going to break the bank....have been designing and looking at designs and have decided on a 3 wheeler tricycle front wheel steering and already have the artwork ready to go will post a pic soon so until next time .........For The Glory !!!!!!!
nymedic881
Elliot

Re: a tiny fish in a pond full of sharks !!!

Post by Elliot »

Have you figured out how to post pictures? We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
nymedic881

Post by nymedic881 »

not quite at the picture stage,having a devil of a time finding old bikes or bike parts,everyone seems to value their rust highly 60 dollars for a bent rusty and vine covered frame only is a bit silly for something thats gonna be cut up anyway..still am working on thew frame for my box with 1/2"PVC easy to work with but a bit unstable in anything over 4' lengths..lol am sooooooooooo eager to get this thing going and I hit the wall on bike parts,not money nobikes...lol FOR THE GLORY !!!!!!
nymedic881(Harry)
nymedic881

Post by nymedic881 »

have been very very busy with med issues this summer BUT have been collecting STUFF for my prize mess...bike parts are like Gold in Humbolt but slowly finding them have also found a great site for Recumbent Bike Plans www.AtomicZombie.com they sell you plans complete with parts list and support to build their bikes but you can modify them to suit your purpose.My birthday was the 18th and my wife surprized me with a trip to Houbor Freight and bought me a wire welder that I've yet to fire up but it is another step closer to my goal( found out that the thin wheels cut better than thick ones on a grinder heehee)have a ton of pvc for the top and thinking on the flotation issue .....just wanted to update you all as to what's happening I am more determined than ever now to get this build 60 just got closer...lol catch ya later !!!band-aid run coming up!!!

FOR THE GLORY !!!

we miss you Hobart !!!
nymedic881(Harry)
Elliot

Post by Elliot »

Good to hear that you are making progress, Harry!

I seldom use bandaids. I just use the masking tape I always have on the workbench anyway. :lol:
nymedic881

Post by nymedic881 »

Tip of the day!!!!
Today's tip....NEVER EVER EVER use a welder in shorts..can cause weird forms of dance movements and speech that only dogs can hear !!! oh and forrest fires too..!!!!haha
NYMEDIC881(Harry)

FOR THE GLORY
((We miss you Hobart !!!)
Last edited by nymedic881 on 30 Sep 2011, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.